Thursday, September 4, 2008

Trash, Treasures and Records

It has been a week and an update is needed.

The past seven days have included four thousand miles of travel, extreme jet-lag, meeting and greeting, a fair amount of alcohol consumption, bus tours, boat parties, picture taking, money spending and absolute fun.

In seven days I've learned to appreciate rainy days and mostly the sunnier ones.  It's true that it rains in London but when the sun is out it really is shinning.  The people in this city have been so far nothing but nice.  There are tons of shady characters in the night--which I clearly love and interact with them when I can.  Cabs get cheaper as my faux-British accent gets better.

I was weary about heading to this city while attached to a "program".  I thought this would hinder my exploration--which it probably has but I've still met interesting people from everywhere; so it seems.

This update is vague and pretty much an enjambment, but here are a few favorites of the week:

-Slang
-Strawberry beer
-Builders Arms (local pub)
-The Gardening Club
-jay-walking
-spiral staircases
-Coca-Cola
-chicken kebabs from Partridges
-Amy Winehouse
-Kensington Gardens
-the Indian Market
-business men doing ANYTHING to make the tube
-bagels for 20 pence/Brick Lane


















-M

No comments: