Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BoltBus or Bust

When I first applied for my internship at WNYC, the idea of moving to New York - away from Boston, where I've spent my early adulthood, and back toward the place I spent my early childhood - it seemed like a sort-of-real possibility. Not really real. Even after the station accepted my application, and months and months passed, I wasn't sure I'd make the move in July - I guess because so much of the process was up in the air for a while: I had nowhere to live and no steady source of income outside of Boston. (Actually, I still don't.)

Now that my housing deposit is set for New York, and my housing plan in Boston expires June 27, I feel finally like yes, hi, soon, I will be somewhere else. So, of course, I'm starting to feel like yes, hi, soon, I will need an effective way to visit friends in Boston, and to coax friends into visiting me.


So, I am pretty into BoltBus. Prices seem like they're on par with Fung Wah (cheap cheap), but!, BoltBuses also have:
- lots of leg room
- electrical outlets so you can charge things in transit
- wireless internet

Oh, and according to people on Yelp, they don't smell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alex and i have been having the best luck on Megabus (http://www.megabus.com/us/). we got round trip tickets for $3.50! so cheap to come visit you!

Dani Probably said...

that's incredible! Megabus is news to me, and I'll be sure to check it out for weekend trips back to Boston.