Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Getting Ready, Getting Started

I've got a little more than three weeks left in Boston before I pack this room and transfer its contents (old lamp with browning lampshade, pictures in frames, bulletin board, clothes, instruments, ten thousand books and notebooks, records, plastic turtle, etc.) to another room, in a different city.

For a long time, that room was purely hypothetical. I knew I had to find a place, but failed to do any of the legwork involved in, I don't know, not living on the streets. Thanks to my university, though, I snagged something quick and easy, at the last minute, and even saved money and many, many hours of (proactive) nail-biting.

I will be living here, at Hotel St. George:


Just kidding. My Hotel St. George is in Brooklyn Heights, and it looks like this:


Less sand, fewer soothing waves, more gum on the streets.

Great news: Google Maps said I just have to cross the Brooklyn Bridge on my bike to get to my new job at WNYC.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

biiiiiiiiiike!

Annie said...

I don't care what you say, I still think it's pretty darn glamorous to live in a hotel.

Michael C said...

BTW my co-worker is on the phone with WNYC and Soundcheck everyday. I hope you get to speak with him at some point!

Dani Probably said...

really? I hope I talk with him, too. why does he call?